Wednesday, June 8th, 2011
I’ve been meaning to write some news about my recent and wonderful travels to Germany and Switzerland, and I promise to soon. Tonight however, I just wanted to share about some beautiful gifts that were given to me today:
1. I had a doctor’s appointment this morning. Who likes those? At one point, because of some pain I was in, I began to cry. Full of compassion, my doctor wept too.
2. After the above appointment (which had taken much longer than I had anticipated,) I needed to hit the road. Behind schedule, for a 9.5 hour drive, another dear friend gave needed hugs and encouragement and prayers before I left.
3. Along the road – someone who is like a brother to me called my cell… but, because of a weak signal, I said “I think I’m going to lose you!” Without skipping a beat, this friend replied, “Girl, you are never going to lose me..” and, I knew what he meant.
4. Then, another friend, learning my drive was going to be a late one, wrote back: “I’ll stay up with you,” ..even though she was in a different state and a different time zone.
5. Then, finally, arriving at my hotel about 12:30a this morning, another friend (who had already blown me away by helping me with my homework earlier in the day,) made sure I had safely arrived at my destination.
God loves me…
Posted in Uncategorized | Comments Off